Filing a Medical Malpractice LawsuitMarch 5, 2020
If you were injured or your health was compromised while under the care of a medical professional, the thought of filing a medical malpractice lawsuit may be overwhelming. Unfortunately, medical mistakes do happen, and if negligence was involved, you should consider taking legal action against the health care professional in charge of your care and/or the hospital where you were treated. If you do wish to file a claim, it is highly recommended that you hire an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Factors to Consider About Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
If you made the decision to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, it is very important that you understand the following:
- Lawsuits can be expensive. There is no guarantee that you will win your case, so it is important to consider whether the cost and the stress of the case is worth pursuing. You may have to pay damages to the other party. However, if you do win, you will be able to collect whatever compensation was agreed on in the settlement.
- Importance of strong evidence. The success of your case will depend on expert testimony and extensive medical evidence to prove medical negligence.
- Make sure that you are suing the right person. Often, people automatically sue the hospital if they are the victim of malpractice. However, although the hospital may also be held partly responsible for the doctor’s actions, the doctor may not be an employee of the hospital. Therefore, you would need to pursue legal action against the individual doctor. Also, you may be competing against a large hospital with extensive financial and legal resources that they will use to win their case.
- Emotional impact of a medical malpractice lawsuit. Most people have never experienced the process of filing a medical malpractice claim and the stress that a lawsuit can cause. You will likely have to relive the incident and go over every single detail in court. You must decide if you are emotionally prepared.
- Choose an experienced, reputable lawyer. Make sure you hire a lawyer with a proven track record of reaching positive outcomes for clients.
Baltimore Medical Malpractice Lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton Assist Clients with Medical Malpractice Claims
If you wish to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against your health care provider, you are urged to contact the Baltimore medical malpractice lawyers at LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton as soon as possible. Our skilled legal team will walk you through every step of the claims process and ensure that you have all the documents necessary to reach a successful settlement. We will work tirelessly to secure the maximum financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 800-547-4LAW (4529) or contact us online.
Our offices are located in Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Prince George’s County, allowing us to represent victims in Maryland, including those in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Maryland’s Western Counties, Prince George’s County, Queen Anne’s County, Southern Maryland, and the Eastern Shore, as well as the communities of Catonsville, Essex, Halethorpe, Middle River, Rosedale, Gwynn Oak, Brooklandville, Dundalk, Pikesville, Nottingham, Windsor Mill, Lutherville, Timonium, Sparrows Point, Ridgewood, and Elkridge.